OMS Montessori is an independent school offering separate Francophone, English and bilingual programs within a world class Montessori environment.
Current openings at OMS Montessori are listed below, but we welcome applications at any time. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter outlining how you can contribute to our program to [email protected]
Non-Discrimination Policy: As a matter of policy and philosophy, OMS Montessori hiring, admission, and operating procedures are non-discriminatory in terms of race, colour, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, or disability.
Physical Education Teacher
OMS Montessori, a private non-profit school, located in a beautiful residential area in central Ottawa, is seeking a dedicated and energetic full-time Physical Education Teacher to begin on December 7, 2020. OMS Montessori is a well-established community of 300+ students and over 60 staff, ranging from Toddler to Grade 6. Our second campus, The Element High School for students from Grade 7 – 12, is located in Lansdowne Park. Our dedicated staff are strongly committed to working together, guided by Montessori pedagogy.
Work hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday to Friday.
The Physical Education teacher will work with students, ages 5 – 12 (SK to Grade 6) to develop, coordinate and deliver physical education assessments, lessons, and activities.
The ideal candidate will have a B.Ed. (specialization in Physical Education) or equivalent (Health & Fitness Promotion, Kinesiology, etc.), excellent interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to work on their own initiative/self-starter, the ability to communicate in both official languages (both verbal and written), enthusiasm for sports and athletics, the ability to organize and coordinate sporting events (e.g. intramurals and tournaments), First Aid and CPR (C) training.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and a resume to:
Full-Time Finance Officer
OMS Montessori/The Element High School, a private non-profit school, located in a beautiful residential area in central Ottawa, is seeking a dedicated and energetic temporary, full-time Finance Officer to begin as soon as possible with an end date to be determined. OMS Montessori/The Element High School, is a well-established community of 300+ students and over 60 staff, ranging from Toddler to Grade 12. Our dedicated staff are strongly committed to working together, guided by Montessori pedagogy.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a strong knowledge of Simply Accounting
- Have a strong knowledge of charity/non-profit accounting
- Prepare end of month reports
- Oversee the preparation and planning of budgets
- Ensure financial records are kept up to date
- Be the main audit lead to work with auditors
- Preform monthly bank reconciliations
- Perform monthly reporting and analysis
- Perform month and year end adjusting entries
- Perform payroll reconciliation and period end reporting
- Be the lead for grant management
- Have knowledge of governance and strategic planning (an asset, but not required)
- Any other duties as directed by the Head of School
- A college or university background in accounting
- A minimum of five years of experience in a similar role
- In-depth knowledge of accounting processes
- Analytical and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Working in a team environment
- Meeting deadlines
Applicants may submit their cover letter and resume to: