OMS Montessori is an independent school offering separate Francophone, English and bilingual programs within a world class Montessori environment.
Marketing and Communications Coordinator
*Bilingualism is essential
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator is responsible for maintaining effective public, media, and community relations.
This position is also responsible for maintaining contact between the schools, parents, and potentially the alumni community. The chosen candidate will be working from both campuses.
Under the supervision of the Head of School and working alongside web and marketing developers, the Communications & Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for conceptualizing, writing and managing production, distribution and tracking of communication and marketing materials.
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will be integral in the development, execution and integration of all online and off-line marketing campaigns, monitoring content and promotions on all school websites. They will be responsible for the management and distribution of all email marketing communications.
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will work to develop and manage adwords and display advertising. They will monitor search rankings and optimize content to increase site traffic, conversions and online sales. They will conduct web analytics to report on digital performance metrics.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Edit and aid in the production of weekly newsletters
- Prepare the annual parent calendar and the one-page calendar
- Produce and edit the information packages
- Increase awareness of OMS Montessori throughout the Ottawa area
- Coordinate and execute advertising, marketing, social media and promotional projects
- Aid in the development of a Marketing strategy and on-going strategic planning
- Promote OMS Montessori through different media and venues
- Manage media placements and creative development of materials
- Manage all social media channels for both schools (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as liaison between the school and news media; producing and distributing news releases regarding school events and student achievements
- Download and maintain folders of school photos for distribution or use in advertising
- Provide communications support to school administration to include determining relevant and interesting issues and how to communicate
- Coordinate various school events and advertise
- Update and maintain the schools’ websites
- Assist with and make recommendations for marketing trends/methods
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of market issues relevant to the school
- Participate in creative marketing discussion for the school and effectively integrate all print campaigns to web/email
- Conceptualize, write and manage production and distribution of communication and marketing materials, including surveys, websites, e-news, success stories, campaign materials, event materials, and advertising
- Develop and maintain communications schedule
- Track marketing invoices
- Assist with media relations
- Other duties as assigned by Head of School
This role will require an individual who can quickly and comfortably learn, while having some experience in building relationships and alliances (internal and external), networking with others, further developing knowledge of industry leading online and offline marketing industry strategies, to identify opportunities for inclusion in the schools overall marketing and sales strategies. The successful individual will build strategic relationships with others.
- Marketing & Web Development Contractors
- School Staff and Faculty
- Parents and Alumni
QUALIFICATIONS / SPECIAL SKILLS:
The expectation for candidates for this position will have a minimum of two to four years of administrative or related work experience in a sales/marketing environment, preferably in an education, services or professional setting. This individual will have completed a post-secondary degree/diploma, preferably with a marketing/business focus, or equivalent experience.
The incumbent must also be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- A positive and friendly attitude
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with short deadlines
- Some technical ability with creativity, innovation for design, development, implementation and maintenance of websites
- Aptitude for logical thinking, problem solving, and attentiveness to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task under pressure and strong attention to detail and quality
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills (preferably in both official languages)
- Enthusiasm for marketing, sales and advertising
- Computer and Social Media technical skills
- Must have a solid understanding of the social media world
- Other desirable skills include a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Bilingualism is a definite asset
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- 2+ years of marketing experience developing marketing campaigns and online strategies
- Strong administrative background and experience with a desire to learn and work in education.
- Experience with Adobe Software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Post secondary school diploma or degree (ideally in a Marketing / Business equivalent)
Please Note: This position requires a police background check and clearance with respect to persons working with and / or associating with youth and vulnerable persons.
OMS Montessori offers a competitive salary based on experience. A benefits package is included.
OMS Montessori is seeking dedicated and energetic substitutes. We are a leading non-profit Montessori school, with an enrolment of over 250 students from Toddler through Grade 6. Celebrating our 53rd year of education in Ottawa, OMS Montessori is located in the heart of a residential neighbourhood in Ottawa.
Applicants should have a deep respect for children, a positive attitude and kind heart, flexibility, and a good sense of humour.
Position Available: Occasional daytime work
Hours of Work: Shifts between 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Job Description: We are looking for individuals to work with children from ages 18 months to 12 years. Occasional daytime work, Monday to Friday. Experience with young children preferred, bilingualism would be an asset. Police record check and immunization record required.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17.44 /hour
Please send your resume to Julie Perreault at [email protected]
Evening and Weekend Custodian
OMS Montessori and The Element High School is seeking an evening/weekend custodian to assist in maintaining our two campuses. We are a leading non-profit Montessori school with an enrolment of over 300 students from Toddler through Grade 12. Celebrating our 53rd year of education in Ottawa, OMS Montessori is in the heart of the Riverview neighbourhood and The Element High School’s modern facility is located in vibrant Lansdowne Park.
Must have experience in the maintenance of the interior of a large building. Duties will include sweeping and washing floors, cleaning washrooms, cleaning interior windows, dusting, sanitizing kitchen surfaces, cleaning stairwells and elevator, maintaining recycling and waste containers, stocking and maintaining inventory of cleaning supplies and other duties as assigned by your direct report or Head of School.
Hours of work:
Monday – Friday, 4 hours per evening, timing is flexible. The Element High School
Sundays, 2 – 7 p.m.. OMS Montessori
Salary: To be determined, based on experience. Benefits are included.
Please send your resume to Julie Perreault at [email protected].
Elementary Art Educator
OMS Montessori is seeking a creative and passionate Art Educator for the Elementary Program (6 to 12 years). We are a leading non-profit Montessori school with an enrolment of over 250 students from Toddler through Grade 6. Celebrating our 53rd year of education in Ottawa, OMS Montessori is located in the heart of the Riverview neighbourhood.
Applicants must enjoy working with children and be able to provide a creative, dynamic art curriculum spanning all areas of visual arts. An Art degree and experience in teaching children is required. Bilingualism is a valuable asset.
Applicants will be required to provide a portfolio during the interview process as well as a detailed one-month curriculum and lesson plan.
Position Available: January 2020
Hours of Work: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm – Monday – Thursday
Please send your resume to Julie Perreault at [email protected].
Current openings at OMS Montessori are listed below, but we welcome applications at any time. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter outlining how you can contribute to our program to [email protected]
Non-Discrimination Policy: As a matter of policy and philosophy, OMS Montessori hiring, admission, and operating procedures are non-discriminatory in terms of race, color, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, or disability.